In the news today and from the weekend…
- E&E Daily reports a third coronavirus stimulus bill may include energy provisions.
- Vox reports coal is now losing ground globally as country’s turn towards other sources of energy.
- Bloomberg reports the United Mine Workers of America union is warning miners that they are at significant risk from the spreading coronavirus due to black lung.
- Mining.com reports titanium is another critical metal and has a weakened supply chain which threatens U.S. security.
- Mining.com reports researchers have discovered a path to replacing platinum in battery compositions for EVs in an effort to reduce costs.
- Inside EPA reports the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit is directing EPA to reconsider environmentalists’ petition challenging MATS.
- E&E News reports that in last night’s debate, presidential candidate Joe Biden announced he would oppose new hydraulic fracturing projects.