A friend sent me this amusing piece of satire, enjoy!
Some Things to Do If You’re Really Worried about Global Warming.
If you believe that global warming is specifically a man-made problem, and that urgent action must be taken, then it’s time for you to get serious. It’s time for you to be consistent in your words and deeds.
- No more overseas vacations. Jet planes burn a lot of fuel when flying across the ocean. Instead, take a vacation simply by staying home.
- Stop texting on your cell phone. The data centers that transmit digital information for cell phones and the Internet require tremendous amounts of energy. In 2015, it was estimated that data centers are responsible for as much carbon dioxide emissions as the global airline industry.
- Switch off your house’s air conditioner. It may be hot and muggy in the summer, but you can manage. Air conditioning systems draw a tremendous amount of electricity. Shut off your air conditioner, open all you windows, and enjoy the fresh air.
- Switch off your car’s air conditioner. Running a car’s air conditioner requires more work from a car’s engine, which means burning more gasoline. Roll down the windows instead.
- Lower the thermostat in the winter. Heating a house requires a lot of energy, and that means burning natural gas or coal at the local power plant. Instead, bundle up and see how low you can comfortably set your thermostat.
- Watch as little TV as possible. There’s no urgent need to watch television. Read a book instead.
- Stop going to the movies. There’s no essential reason to drive downtown to the movie theater. Conserve fuel. Read a book instead.
These are just a few, simple steps that one can take to start living a life that requires less frivolous carbon-dioxide production. It’s meaningless to rail against climate “deniers” if you’re producing as much carbon dioxide in your daily life as they are.