In the news today…
- The Hill reports President Biden on Tuesday designated two new national monuments in Nevada and Texas.
- E&E Greenwire reports the White House announcement that President Joe Biden on Tuesday will designate two long-sought-after national monuments in Nevada and Texas drew widespread praise from Native American tribal leaders, residents and conservation groups.
- Argus reports Indiana lawmakers are on the cusp of passing legislation that could slow or halt retirements of coal-fired power plants in the state.
- E&E Daily reports as they put the finishing touches on their massive energy package, House Republicans plan to pressure Democrats on a core kitchen table issue: energy costs.
- Politico Pro reports Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) on Tuesday laid out what he framed as the progressive alternative to changing U.S. permitting laws — an approach he said will speed clean energy projects while bolstering community participation and preserving their rights to weigh in on projects.
- Axios reports lithium prices are plunging, making EVs more affordable.