In the news today…
- E&E Greenwire reports various industry groups are asking for federal and state aid.
- WKMS reports the Ohio Valley coal industry is bracing for impacts from COVID-19.
- Argus reports U.S. coal-fired generation fell sharply in January.
- S&P Global reports U.S. coal stockpiles totaled 134 million st in January, a 26-month high.
- E&E Energywire reports the world’s largest carbon capture and sequestration project, the retrofitting of the San Juan Generating Station, is not viable.
- The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports an air permit was rejected for PolyMet Mining Corp.’s proposed copper-nickel mine.
- The Hill reports that the White House and Senate have reached a deal on a $2 trillion stimulus package they hope will keep the nation from falling into a deep recession because of the coronavirus crisis.