In the news today…
- The Courier Journal carries an op-ed by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in which he asserts his role in helping Kentucky coal miners and ending the war on coal.
- Wyoming Public Media reports three bills aimed at boosting coal exports from Wyoming.
- E&E Greenwire and Mining.com report JPMorgan Chase & Co. will seek to restrict investments in coal companies, among other sustainability actions.
- WV Metro News reports a bill offering a tax break for aging coal-fired power plants has passed the West Virginia Senate and moves to the House.
- Mining.com reports industries that rely on lithium for energy storage are expected to balloon over the next 15 years, increasing demand for lithium.
- E&E Greenwire reports the NEPA hearing held Tuesday was dominated by opponents to the changes in rulemaking.