In the news today and from the weekend…
- Utility Dive reports New York regulators authorize multiple transmission projects, including a $1.2 billion transmission rebuild and new transmission facilities for a 291 MW wind farm.
- Politico Pro, Washington Post, The Hill and Bloomberg report a federal judge on Friday blocked all coal leasing on federal lands, the latest development in long-running litigation over the federal coal program.
- The Nevada Independent reports that workers are feeling unsafe at Nevada’s largest gold-mining corporation
- NBC News reports this huge mining project on public land, approved by the Trump administration in its final days, has sparked an outcry and a lawsuit, but opposition among Native Americans is not unanimous.
- E&E News reports mining organizations say the Inflation Reduction Act’s tax break for companies that produce lithium, nickel, cobalt and other critical minerals will be a boon for the industry.