In the news today…
- Lexington Herald Leader reports coal companies like Ramaco Resources received small business loans over other, smaller businesses in Kentucky.
- WBOI reports environmentalists are questioning whether Hallador Energy should qualify for a small business loan to weather COVID-19.
- Wyoming Public Media reports Wyoming may be the most hard hit state in the country due to its dependence on the mining and energy sectors.
Oil and Gas:
- E&E Energywire reports the Trump administration is looking at offering two lines of credit to help the beleaguered oil and gas industry as it reels from historically low prices sparked by the global coronavirus pandemic.
- Kitco reports silver has been most hard-hit globally by COVID-19, while gold has fared the best.
- Energy News Network reports a Missouri bill that would essentially block developers from using eminent domain for the Grain Belt Express wind energy transmission project advances for a full state House vote.