In the news today…
- The Oklahoman and Rasmussen Reports carry an op-ed by Stephen Moore, a senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation, in which he argues that the anti-mining movement in America will impede any effort of the green revolution since minerals are necessary for green technology.
- Politico Pro and Bloomberg report the ACE rule is expected to be released today, Wednesday, in the morning.
- Washington Examiner reports the anticipated ACE rule would encourage heat rate improvements in power plants, increasing efficiency.
- Clean Energy.org reports the ACE rule could lead to higher emissions, stating that the Clean Power Plan would have had more benefits for the southeast.
- E&E Climatewire reports EPA will address the issue of how many people might die from air pollution when rolling out the ACE rule.
- WyoFile reports Wyoming Gov. Mark Gordon sees carbon capture through the use of coal as a solution to climate change through bio-energy carbon capture storage.
- Salon carries an article which states that lithium mining for electric cars is damaging the planet, meaning the green revolution isn’t truly “green” after all.
- E&E Daily reports Sen. Lisa Murkowski is “not rushing” to hold a hearing on a broad hardrock mining reform proposal.
- E&E Climatewire reports on a Democrat led hearing to support a measure to boost technologies such as carbon capture.