In the news today…
- E&E Energywire reports President Trump’s executive order to expedite infrastructure projects is on unstable legal ground.
- The Indianapolis Star reports IPL’s Petersburg power plant has violated its permit more than 120 times in the last three years.
- Argus reports coal miner employment in the U.S. rose in May from the multi-decade low set in April but remains below pre-Covid-19 shutdown levels.
- S&P Global reports Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities said it was declining coal delivery make-up tons from 2019 with Hartshorne Mining, the subsidiary and operator of Paringa Resources, according to state regulatory filings.
- Mining.com reports the price of silver soared in May, jumping more than 19% on safe haven demand as well as increased expectations of a swift economic recovery, given its many industrial applications.
- E&E Energywire reports the coronavirus pandemic could cut supplies of key metals needed to produce electric vehicle batteries, and low prices of cobalt could help stall EV projects for years, according to a new report.