In the news today…
- The Hill reports a strike by U.S. railroad workers could have dramatic impacts on energy delivery, with industry groups warning of logistical snarls and price increases for consumers.
- Argus reports the US House of Representatives is set to vote tomorrow on legislation that would override union objections to a proposed rail worker contract, a move meant to avoid a nationwide strike that threatens widespread economic disruption.
- E&E Greenwire reports a threatened strike by rail workers has the biofuel industry bracing for another knockdown while memories of the Covid-19 pandemic’s disruptions are still fresh.
- Washington Post reports President Biden will pledge to put hundreds of thousands of acres off limits to development in southern Nevada around Spirit Mountain, a sacred tribal site. A broad coalition backs the move, but renewable energy firms have raised concerns.
- Associated Press reports the Minnesota Supreme Court will hear arguments Wednesday on an attempt by environmental groups to cancel a key permit for a long-stalled copper-nickel mine.