I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day Holiday weekend.
In the news today and from the weekend…
Carbon Capture and Sequestration:
- E&E Energy Wire reports that lobbying firm Bracewell lobbying firm has launched a pro-CCS group in anticipation of an explosion of funding for the technology.
- Politico Pro reports this summer’s anticipated tight grid conditions are just the tip of the iceberg as weather grows increasingly unpredictable and the U.S. aims to electrify more high-emitting sectors of the economy.
- WBUR reports that the New England grid operator’s much-derided minimum offer price rule will stay in effect for two more years, federal officials decide.
- Associated Press reports that Nevada conservationists and the Timbisha Shoshone Tribe urge federal officials to reroute the proposed GreenlinkWest transmission line to avoid disturbing public land and cultural resources.
- E&E Greenwire reports EPA’s veto of Pebble won’t stop other mining in Alaska’s Bristol Bay.