In the news today…
- Utility Dive reports that a federal appeals court dismissed a complaint by Entergy and Xcel Energy seeking to overturn a cost allocation methodology for projects in grid operator MISO’s territory that connect to PJM’s territory.
- Politico reports President Joe Biden will announce new steps to combat climate change, but will stop short of declaring a national emergency that would unlock new tools for driving down greenhouse gases, the White House said Tuesday.
- Mountain State Spotlight reports the Supreme Court ruling is unlikely to revive coal in West Virginia.
- Argus reports Powder River basin (PRB) coal production inched higher in the second quarter when compared with a year earlier, despite declines from Peabody Energy and Navajo Transitional Energy Company (NTEC) mines.
- Grist reports on opposition to gold mining in Alaska on the Kuskokwim River.