In the news today…
- Los Angeles Times reports a new Audubon report backs the buildout of thousands of miles of new transmission lines despite potential harm to wildlife, arguing the threats from climate change far outweigh the risks of new infrastructure.
- Chicago Sun-Times reports residents and consumer advocates urge Illinois regulators to reject Peoples Gas’ proposed $402 million rate increase, which critics say would particularly harm low-income households.
- Mining Technology reports that mining vehicle fleets are transitioning away from diesel and towards electric vehicles in an effort to reshape sentiment surrounding the industry.
- E&E Energywire reports battery materials factories are searching for zero-carbon electricity because of pressure from stakeholders to keep their supply chains emission-free.
- Financial Times reports China’s investment in mining and metals in countries across the globe is set to reach record highs this year.