Happy New Year! Welcome to 2023.
In the news today and from the weekend…
- E&E News reports that Christmas week’s fierce “bomb cyclone” has put new urgency behind a critical issue for the nation’s power system — how grid owners and operators prepare for extreme weather emergencies.
- Elko Daily Free Press reports on a year in mining.
- Argus reports the EPA revised the clean water rule.
- Politico Pro reports the Biden EPA on Friday finalized a rule cementing Clean Water Act protections for a broad swath of the nation’s streams, creeks and wetlands – the latest move in a decades-long battle over the scope of the powerful 1972 law, but one that could be swiftly rendered moot by the Supreme Court.
- Washington Examiner reports coal prices skyrocketed in 2022 as countries increasingly turned back to the age-old fuel in lieu of costlier and cleaner natural gas.