In the news today…
- E&E News reports that Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer calls on federal regulators to enact rules to speed clean energy and transmission deployment as bipartisan permitting reforms appear unlikely to pass.
- Mining.com reports a fall in global copper prices is forcing small and medium size mine operators to cut back on production.
- Mining.com reports an Australian mining company’s Arizona zinc-lead-silver project has taken a $1.3 billion non-cash impairment expense due to COVID-19, inflationary pressures, and dewatering requirements.
- The Washington Post reports there is dissent among GOP lawmakers on green funding for renewable energy projects and that over 547 wind and solar projects have been blocked this year by state and local lawmakers amid community backlash.
- E&E Daily reports as prospects remain murky for bipartisan permitting reform in Congress, top Senate Democrats are turning to new strategies.