In the news today…
- Inside Climate News reports that Indiana, Illinois and Ohio could gain billions of dollars in investments and thousands of jobs with the expedited buildout of renewable energy projects in grid operator PJM’s territory, according to a new report.
- Roll Call reports lawmakers are mulling a slew of new authorities and reporting requirements designed to shore up the U.S. supply chain of critical minerals as tensions with China deepen.
- Washington Post reports on why critical minerals are important.
- NPR reports the Labor Department is proposing a new rule limiting miners’ exposure to silica — a toxic dust created by cutting into rock that has been linked to a recent epidemic of severe black lung disease among coal miners.
- Politico Pro reports new export controls on gallium and germanium are widely seen as a retaliation on Dutch ban on sensitive chip equipment for China.