In the news today…
- The White House released a statement on its IWG on Mining Law.
- E&E Daily reports the White House earlier this week hosted a mining policy summit with industry executives, environmentalists and representatives from tribes and labor unions, according to a summary released late yesterday evening.
- Reuters reports the U.S. Department of Defense has asked Congress to let it fund facilities in the United Kingdom and Australia that process strategic minerals used to make electric vehicles and weapons, calling the proposal crucial to national defense.
- E&E News PM reports California Democratic Rep. Jared Huffman today stood outside the Capitol to call on President Joe Biden’s EPA to quickly veto the Pebble mine in Alaska.
- Washington Examiner reports the White House is making moves intended to speed up environmental reviews and permitting for infrastructure projects under pressure from industry and lawmakers in both parties to enable faster approvals.
- Reuters reports that U.S. clean energy advancements in recent years could be derailed without a massive investment in transmission and grid infrastructure.