In the news today…
- E&E Daily reports Sen. McConnell joins Sen. Barrasso in support of S. 2662, which revamps the New Source Review program.
- Greenwire reports Earthworks wants an investigation into possible insider trading by an investor involved in EPA’s actions surrounding the proposed Pebble Mine.
- E&E Daily reports President Trump nominated former Ohio regulator Lanny Erdos to director of OSMRE.
- Politico Pro reports FERC’s decision on how it will define grid resilience will be a consensus decision that is supported by all members.
- Science Daily reports replacing coal with other energy sources saves billions of gallons of water.
- E&E Energywire reports renewable power capacity is expected to increase 50 percent globally over the next five years, but coal will still dominate, according to an IEA report.
- Argus reports thermal coal prices are unchanged in the over-the-counter market.
- Argus and S&P Global report Arch Coal expects its Powder River Basin volumes to be lower this quarter than the third quarter’s two-year high.