Happy Valentines Day!
In the news today…
- Creamer Media’s Mining Weekly reports it is the most minerals-intensive time in history, which calls for faster permitting processes.
- E&E Greenwire reports the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources appealed the ruling that rejected permits for the proposed PolyMet copper-nickel mine.
- Argus reports legislation in Virginia threatens to force the retirement of nearly all its coal plants in the next five years.
- Argus reports more U.S. coal plants are likely to close in the coming years according to Wood Mackenzie.
- Axios reports Delta Airlines is spending $1 billion over the next decade to go carbon neutral.
- S&P Global reports a bill has been introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives that would expand tax credit for carbon capture projects.
- The Casper Star Tribune reports Wyoming lawmakers have proposed a bill that would penalize utilities that rely on renewable sources of energy.
- Politico Pro reports the Southern Environmental Law Center asked a federal court to block CEQ from advancing its proposed changes to NEPA.