In the news today…
- The Billings Gazette reports consideration to close Colstrip began as early as 2018, the same year the plant’s newest units malfunctioned for 77 days.
- Mining.com, E&E News PM and Argus report Foresight Energy has filed for bankruptcy, saying the global economic slowdown triggered by the coronavirus situation has pushed it over the edge.
- Argus reports Peabody Energy has laid off 50 workers at its North Antelope Rochelle mine in Wyoming.
- E&E Energywire reports the Indiana bill aimed at slowing the retirement of coal-fired power plants is headed to the governor’s desk.
- Utility Dive reports amendments were filed on the American Energy Innovation Act that would have prevented FERC from carrying out its MOPR orders, although none of the amendments were adopted.
- Inside EPA reports legal experts are debating whether it is appropriate for the White House CEQ to justify much of its proposal to vastly limit the reach of the NEPA on a single, unique Supreme Court ruling.
American Energy Innovation Act:
- E&E Daily reports momentum on the energy package has stalled over a vote on hydrofluorocarbons.