In the news today…
- Devdiscourse reports the Trump administration has weakened the mercury rule.
- E&E Greenwire reports the WOTUS rule has been finalized, but litigation over the rule is expected.
- E&E Greenwire reports Hallador Energy Co. received a government loan under the Paycheck Protection Program.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports coals outlook is grim as mines are idled across Appalachia.
- Argus reports Hampton Roads coal exports dropped to a four-month low in February.
- Earther reports locals are opposed to a proposed coal-to-diesel plant in Indiana.
- Mining.com reports copper prices have dropped drastically.
- Mining.com reports gold prices are surging.
- E&E Climatewire reports progressives hope to move Joe Biden to adopt stronger climate policies now that Bernie Sanders is out of the race.