In the news today…
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Peabody may be headed towards bankruptcy again.
- Argus reports the proposed Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal (OBOT) coal and petroleum coke export terminal in Oakland, California, is getting a new developer.
- S&P Global reports Contura Energy reached an agreement with Iron Senergy Holding for the divestment of Contura’s Pennsylvania coal operations, including the Cumberland coal mine in Greene County, Pennsylvania, Contura said Nov. 12.
- Pennsylvania Business Report reports the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Fossil Energy recently announced the selection of four projects to share approximately $80 million in federal funding for Coal FIRST Concepts.
- E&E Climatewire reports the world’s largest gold miner, Newmont, has just set new targets to cut emissions by 2030 and said it wants to go carbon neutral two decades later.