Happy new year!
In the news today…
- The Washington Examiner and Mining.com report Joe Biden said miners, particularly coal miners, need to find jobs of the future by transitioning to jobs such as those which involve programming.
- E&E Greenwire reports a permitting decision for the Pebble mine will be delayed, according to the Army Corps of Engineers.
- E&E Climatewire reports the Navajo Nation has suffered setbacks with the retirement of the Navajo Generating Station.
- The Hartford Courant reports Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. is limiting its insurance coverage of companies tied with coal and other fossil fuels.
- Power Magazine carries an op-ed which argues, despite setbacks over the past decade, nuclear and coal power continue to provide reliable baseload generation to billions of customers around the globe.