In the news today…
- Power Magazine reports transformative coal technologies will be necessary for future industry success.
- The Gillette News Record reports coal bankruptcies dominated headlines in 2019.
- E&E Climatewire reports legislation to ease the closing of the San Juan Generating Station has led to new challenges in implementation.
- The Wheeling Intelligencer reports new legislation to change the authority of who determines property owner compensation in mine subsidence cases.
- GreentechMedia reports the mining industry is increasingly turning to clean energy for its operations.
- The Arizona Daily Star reports the U.S. federal government will appeal a judge’s ruling against the Rosemont Mine.
- The Salt Lake Tribune reports a copper mine in Utah is seeking permits for an experimental method of extraction.
- Mining.com reports prices for precious metals are likely to rise further in 2020.
- The Casper Star-Tribune reports on carbon capture technology’s prospects for the coal industry.