In the news today…
- Inside Sources (DC) carries an op-ed from Tom Madison in which he argues infrastructure must be included in the upcoming stimulus package, including mining.
- Politico, Mining Technology, Argus and North of 60 Mining News report DHS affirmed the essential status of mining.
- Argus reports MSHA issued coronavirus guidelines for mine operators.
- DeSmog reports the energy industry is quiet over the use of the Defense Production Act.
- Resilience reports advocates are trying to include climate initiatives in bailout bills.
- The Washington Examiner reports DHS affirmed the essential status of the coal supply chain.
- The Statehouse File reports critics of an Indiana law to slow the closure of coal power plants believe the law sends the wrong message about the state.
- E&E Greenwire reports Consol Energy Inc. suspended operations at the Bailey mine for two weeks “out of an abundance of caution” after two of the mine’s nearly 700 employees tested positive for COVID-19.
- Argus reports Alliance and Consol are cutting production in the face of the coronavirus crisis.