In the news today…
American Energy Innovation Act:
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell released a press release containing his remarks before Congress in favor of the American Energy Innovation Act.
- WV Metro News covers the progress of the American Energy Innovation Act.
- Utility Dive reports the American Energy Innovation Act will include provisions for carbon capture.
- E&E Greenwire reports coal production and demand have decreased even with the lifting of the coal leasing moratorium.
- Beaumont Enterprise and Mining.com report FERC’s change to the pricing rule will unfairly favor coal plants.
- Montana Public Radio reports NorthWestern Energy, Montana’s largest utility, has warned the public of potential blackouts if coal plants continue to close.
- S&P Global reports coal deliveries to U.S. power plants fell 6.7 percent in 2019, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
- E&E Energywire reports advocates filed a lawsuit over FERC’s minimum offer price rule (MOPR) change.