In the news today…
American Energy Innovation Act:
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell issued a press release of quotes concerning the American Energy Innovation Act.
- The Epoch Times reports on the American Energy Innovation Act.
- E&E Greenwire reports EPA’s Science Advisory Board has said some of the changes made to the WOTUS rule are not sufficiently based in science.
- Utility Dive reports Department of Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette spoke optimistically about a new, low emissions coal fleet and the Coal FIRST initiative.
- Argus reports a federal appeals court ruled that the U.S. Forest Service improperly opened 4,900 acres of land in Colorado to coal leasing and mining for the expansion of Arch Coal’s West Elk mine.
- Argus reports Natural Resource Partners’ executive has acquired about 1 million acres of mineral reserves and leases properties to Central Appalachian coal producers.
- Argus reports Foresight Energy will shut its Shay No. 1 coal mine in Illinois because of challenging market conditions.